Our delicious orange flavored whipped cream recipe is a delightful version of flavored cream. This flavor is created, in our case, by a dash of Cointreau, along with a bit of sugar, and whipped up together with heavy cream.
An absolute delight is the taste of this whipped cream with an intense orange flavor! This version pairs perfectly as a topping for hot chocolate or milkshakes and a pretty garnish for a delicious chocolate cake.
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy whipping cream - go for a high-fat content here to achieve the perfect texture.
- Cointreau - can be replaced by orange juice or orange syrup.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Add heavy cream, sugar, and Cointreau in a tall bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
If you plan on using the flavored whipped cream immediately, spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a star tip after whipping and start decorating.
If any of the orange-flavored whipped cream is left over, you can put it in a well-sealed container (such as a Weck jar) and store it in the fridge for up to three days.
- Electric mixer or food processor
- Tall mixing bowl - for whipping the cream
- Piping bag with a star tip
You can store the flavored whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to three days. Ensure you keep it in a well-sealed container so it doesn't take on a taste/smell from the fridge.
💭 Top tip
If you prefer alcohol-free orange-flavored whipped cream, substitute with orange juice from fresh oranges or orange extract for the Cointreau.
If you like to color your flavored cream orange, we recommend adding a few drops of food coloring here while whipping. The Cointreau itself is clear and does not add any color to the cream.
In the fridge up to three days.
Yes, whipped cream needs to be stored in a cool place; otherwise, it will quickly lose its texture. Flavored whipped cream should be used for decoration as soon as possible, as it quickly loses its beautiful texture at room temperature.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Orange-flavored Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, and Cointreau in a tall bowl.1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar, ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Whip up with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and start decorating.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove