Our delicious orange flavored whipped cream recipe is a delightful version of flavored cream. This flavor is created, in our case, by a dash of Cointreau, along with a bit of sugar, and whipped up together with heavy cream.
An absolute delight is the taste of this whipped cream with an intense orange flavor! This version pairs perfectly as a topping for hot chocolate or milkshakes and a pretty garnish for a delicious chocolate cake.
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy whipping cream - go for a high fat content here, to achieve the perfect texture.
- Cointreau - can be replaced by orange juice or orange syrup.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Add heavy cream, sugar, and Cointreau in a tall bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
If you plan on using the flavored whipped cream immediately, spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a star tip after whipping and start decorating.
If any of the orange flavored whipped cream is left over, you can put it in a well-sealed container (such as a Weck jar) and store it in the fridge for up to three days.
- Coconut-flavored whipped cream
- Almond-flavored whipped cream
- Strawberry-flavored whipped cream
- Vodka-flavored whipped cream
- Chocolate-flavored whipped cream
- Cinnamon-flavored whipped cream
- Baileys-flavored whipped cream
- Electric mixer or food processor
- Tall mixing bowl - for whipping the cream
- Piping bag with a star tip
You can store the flavored whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to three days. Ensure you keep it in a well-sealed container, so it doesn't take on a taste/smell from the fridge.
💭 Top tip
If you prefer alcohol-free orange flavored whipped cream, substitute with orange juice from fresh oranges or orange extract for the Cointreau.
If you like to color your flavored cream orange, we recommend adding a few drops of food coloring here while whipping. The Cointreau itself is clear and does not add any color to the cream.
Whipped cream can be flavored very easily by adding juice, syrup, liqueur, but also grated coconut or grated chocolate.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Orange-flavored Whipped Cream
- Electric Mixer or food processor
- Tall mixing bowl
- Piping bag with a star tip
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, and Cointreau in a tall bowl.1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar, ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Whip up with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and start decorating.
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend using digital scales for more accurate results. I provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe, but please note that I haven't tested it using this method.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
🤎 You might also like
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Such a lovely texture and taste in this orange flavored whipped cream! This works perfectly with many of my chocolate desserts as I love the flavor pairing.
Beautiful flavoured whipped cream. It goes well with so many things like cakes and ice cream
This was incredible, Nora! I paired it with a homemade chocolate mousse - it was divine and everyone swooned over it. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
This is amazing! I want to try them all! Great post.
This orange whipped cream was a perfect topping for hot chocolate! Thanks for sharing.