I would like to present you today a wonderful dessert that is both perfect as a dessert for a beautiful Christmas dinner menu, as well as a small delicacy on hot summer days.
In short, a dessert that you can enjoy all year round!
What I especially love about this dessert is that it's made in 10 minutes. No long preparation! Simply and quickly mixed and served.
Absolutely perfect if you want a quick dessert for a sumptuous Christmas menu, or just a quick and easy treat any time of the year!
Well, did I whet your appetite? Then let's go!
- 8.45 fl oz (250 ml) Cold Milk
- 5.3 oz (150 g) Stracciatella Ice Cream
- 3.53 oz (100g) Heavy Cream
- 1.36 fl oz (4 cl) Egg Liqueur
- Cinnamon for dusting
What is Stracciatella Ice Cream?
Stracciatella is a milk-based ice cream filled with fine, irregular shavings of chocolate.
Makers produce the effect by drizzling melted chocolate into plain milk ice cream towards the end of the churning process; chocolate solidifies immediately coming in contact with the cold ice cream, and is then broken up and incorporated into the ice cream with a spatula. This process creates the shreds of chocolate that give stracciatella its name. (Stracciatella in Italian means 'little shred'.) While stracciatella ice cream traditionally involves milk, ice cream, and milk chocolate, modern variations can also be made with vanilla and dark chocolate. (Source: Wikipedia)
Stracciatella is also a very trendy ice cream in Austria, and I have been a fan of it since childhood.
- Electric Blender or Stand Mixer
- Pastry Bag with Star Tip
- Mixing Bowl
- small sieve for the cinnamon dusting
- 2 Drinking glasses
How to prepare this delicious milkshake?
Add milk, Egg Liqueur, and Stracciatella ice cream to a stand mixer. You can easily make this with a blender if you don't have a stand mixer at hand. That's how I did it this time. It worked great!
Mix the ice cream, eggnog, and milk for two minutes at high speed.
Now take a mixing bowl and whip the heavy cream until stiff. Pour the whipped cream into a pastry bag with a star-shaped nozzle and set it aside.
Stir the milkshake again and fill the glasses with your delicious milkshake. Pipe the whipped cream on top.
Now decorate your delicious milkshake with cinnamon. I didn't even need half a teaspoon of cinnamon for this. Dust the shake with the cinnamon using a small sieve. And your Christmas dessert is ready to be served.
The egg liqueur adds a very subtle, flavorful note and can also be used as a topping instead of cinnamon if desired. Despite my love for eggnog, I still decided to use cinnamon in this recipe because the cinnamon makes the milkshake more Christmassy than the egg liqueur.
This shake pairs very well with homemade cookies to make it even more festive for your guests.
Your dessert prepared in ten minutes is ready. Perfect as a delicious, easy-to-make, finale to a busy Christmas menu!
Stracciatella Egg Liqueur Milkshake
- Add milk, Egg Liqueur, and Stracciatella ice cream to a stand mixer.
- Mix the ice cream, eggnog, and milk for two minutes at high speed.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff in a mixing bowl
- Fill the whipped cream into a pastry bag and set aside.
- Stir the milkshake again and fill the glasses with your delicious milkshake
- Pipe the whipped cream on top.
- Decorate your delicious milkshake with cinnamon and serve.
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend using digital scales for more accurate results. I provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe, but please note that I haven't tested it using this method.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
So, you'd rather make your own ice cream, huh? With pleasure! That will make this milkshake pretty sure unique! 🙂 I found some wonderful recipes here that you can use to find some inspiration! Try it out and tell me with which ice cream it tasted best! I'm already curious! 😉
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove