In our series of flavored whipped cream recipes, we have so far used syrup (homemade or store-bought) or alcohol (Cointreau, Vodka, Baileys) to flavor our whipped cream. But there is also a way to flavor the whipped cream with grated ingredients like chocolate, coconut, cinnamon, or almonds.
Today's recipe shows you how to make coconut-flavored whipped cream quickly and easily without using artificial ingredients.
Coconut shavings give a wonderfully intense coconut flavor, and the granularity gives the whipped cream an awesome, firm texture.
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream - go for a high fat content here, to achieve the perfect texture.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
See the recipe card for quantities.
Pour the whipped cream into a high mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Then mix in the coconut flakes.
Fill the finished coconut whipped cream into a piping bag and use it to refine coffee, hot chocolate, milk shakes, cakes, or pastries.
If you don't have shredded coconut at home, you can replace them with coconut extract or coconut syrup.
Beware, that the amount used varies when switching from shredded coconut to coconut syrup or extract!
The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes. But you will only need 1 teaspoon of coconut syrup or extract if you wanna replace the shredded coconut!
- Strawberry-flavored whipped cream
- Almond-flavored whipped cream
- Orange-flavored whipped cream
- Vodka-flavored whipped cream
- Baileys-flavored whipped cream
- Chocolate-flavored whipped cream
- Cinnamon-flavored whipped cream
- High mixing bowl
- Electric mixer with a whisk attachment
- Piping bag with a star tip for immediate decoration and refinement of your pastries and drinks.
Store the flavored whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to three days. Make sure you store it in a tightly sealed container, so it doesn't take on a taste/smell from the fridge.
Absolutely! Try strawberry syrup, grated chocolate, cinnamon, Irish cream, or Cointreau, for a change of pace!
The easiest way to stabilize whipped cream is to use powdered sugar or cornstarch when whipping it up.
Furthermore, make sure that the whipping cream is cold.
Use only cold heavy cream when piping. This ensures that the cream gets a nice shape.
Yes, whipped cream needs to be stored in a cool place; otherwise, it will quickly lose its texture. Flavored whipped cream should be used for decoration as soon as possible, as it quickly loses its beautiful texture at room temperature.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Coconut-flavored Whipped Cream
- High mixing bowl
- Electric Mixer with whisk attachment
- Piping bag with a nozzle of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon Shredded coconut
- Pour ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream into a high mixing bowl.⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream
- Add 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- Then mix in 2 tablespoon Shredded coconut.2 tablespoon Shredded coconut
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove