Chocolate-flavored whipped cream has an intense chocolate flavor and works perfectly as a topping for cakes or an ice cream sundae. It also works very well as a perfect topping for a delicious coffee, or (for chocolate lovers) simply for spooning as a small dessert.
Prepare this delicious chocolate-flavored whipped cream in just a 4-5 minutes, and use any chocolate bar you like. We use a small piece of leftover dark couverture for today's recipe, giving the whipped cream an exquisite flavor!
What I particularly like about this version is that it is visually very appealing.
- Heavy whipping cream - go for a high fat content here, to achieve the perfect texture.
- Powdered sugar
- Grated chocolate - preferably dark chocolate from a brand of your liking.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Pour the whipped cream and icing sugar into a tall mixing bowl.
Then grate in the chocolate. With the small amount of heavy cream used for this recipe, a small amount of chocolate (approx. 10 g) is sufficient.
Make an effort here and grate the chocolate yourself. Chocolate sprinkles or (unsweetened) cocoa powder are far less suitable for this recipe and deliver a far less good taste experience.
Now whip the ingredients together until stiff peaks form. As with all our cream variations, we recommend pouring the chocolate whipped cream into a piping bag and using it immediately after preparation.
If you still have some of this delicious homemade whipped cream left over, store the leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
- Electric hand mixer or food processor with a whisk attachment
- Tall mixing bowl - for whipping the cream
- Piping bag with a star tip
Store the chocolate whipped cream in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure you store it in a well-sealed container so that it doesn't take on a taste/smell from the refrigerator.
💭 Top tip
Chocolate sprinkles or cocoa powder are not recommended for this recipe, as they may not provide the desired flavor. We highly recommend grating the chocolate yourself.
You can store this chocolate whipped cream in the fridge for up to three days.
The taste depends very much on the type and quality of the chocolate used. The better the quality, the better and more intense the taste. White chocolate offers a very sweet taste, whereas dark chocolate can quickly slide into a bitter taste if it is not of good quality. We recommend using either Criollo chocolate or your favorite chocolate for dark chocolate.
The easiest way to stabilize whipped cream is to use powdered sugar or cornstarch when whipping it up.
Furthermore, make sure that the whipping cream is cold.
Use only cold heavy cream when piping to ensure the cream gets an excellent shape.
Absolutely! Try strawberry syrup, Vodka, cinnamon, Irish cream, or Cointreau, for a change of pace!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Homemade Chocolate Flavored Whipped Cream
- Electric hand mixer or food processor with whisk attachment
- Tall mixing bowl
- Piping bag with a star tip
- ⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon Grated chocolate
- Pour the whipped cream and powdered sugar into a tall mixing bowl.⅜ cup Heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- Then grate in the chocolate.2 tablespoon Grated chocolate
- Now add the grated chocolate to the mixing bowl and whip the ingredients together until stiff peaks form.
- As with all our cream variations, we recommend pouring the chocolate whipped cream into a piping bag and using it immediately after preparation.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
My first thought with this recipe, you can't ever have enough chocolate. And this proved to be right. So delicious!
Chooclate flavored whipped cream sounds delicious idea great with fruits.
So easy to make and so delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!
What a fantastic treat to enjoy this spring! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I eat this cream straight from a jar 🤣 I use it for hot and cold chocolate but always make extra as a jar in the fridge for a couple of days is my kind of heaven. Thanks for the recipe.