Strawberries and cream, also called fresas con crema, is just the thing if you want to whip up a tasty dessert in no time.
With only three ingredients and a preparation time of ten minutes tops, this is a hit for impatient foodies!
I love the strawberry season! Do you too? Try my other strawberry recipes if you're looking for another strawberry recipe!
No Fuss Homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup
Strawberry Flavored Whipped Cream
How to make a Refreshing Strawberry Spritz Cocktail
Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
Fresh Strawberry Sponge Cake
Creamy No bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Easy Homemade Strawberry Milkshake with Ice Cream
- How to make fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Ricotta
- Fresh Strawberries - I prefer fresh strawberries because of the significantly better strawberry flavor. However, if strawberries are not in season, you can prepare this delicious treat with frozen strawberries.
- Powdered Sugar - To sweeten and, at the same time, firm the cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - High fat content
See the recipe card for quantities.
Wash and clean the strawberries and drain them. Then place the strawberries with the powdered sugar in your food processor. Process them until you have a purée and no large pieces of strawberries left.
Place the sweetened strawberry purée in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
Pour the whipped cream into a tall mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
Finally, add the whipped cream to the puréed strawberries and mix well. It works best if you use a whisk here.
Divide the strawberry cream among the glasses and serve.
Optionally garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, strawberry crumbles, or chocolate sprinkles.
If the strawberry cream dessert is not sweet enough, you can add a few drops of vanilla extract.
Suppose you don't have any strawberries at hand. In that case, you can replace them with any other type of fresh berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and mulberries.
- Food processor
- High mixing bowl
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer with whisk attachment
- Dessert Glass Bowl for serving
Without whipped topping, you can store the strawberry cream in the refrigerator for one or two days.
However, the strawberry cream dessert tastes best directly fresh after preparation.
💭 Top tip
Low-fat whipping cream can result in a runny strawberry cream. The higher the fat content selected for the whipping cream, the more intense and firm the cream will be.
To achieve a stable result with low-fat whipped cream, we recommend adding a little cornstarch (½ teaspoon) to the cream.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Strawberry Whipped Cream
- High mixing bowl
- Electric Mixer with whisk attachment
- Glass Bowl for serving
- ¾ cup Strawberries Fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- Wash and clean the strawberries and drain them.¾ cup Strawberries
- Then place the strawberries with the powdered sugar in your food processor. Process them until you have a purée and no large pieces of strawberries left.½ cup Powdered sugar
- Put the strawberry purée in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour the whipped cream into a tall mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- Finally, add the whipped cream to the puréed strawberries and mix well.
- Divide the strawberry cream among the glasses and serve.
- Optionally garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, strawberry crumbles, or chocolate sprinkles.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
So good and super easy. This reminds me of a strawberry cream recipe my grandmother made when I was younger. Thank you!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
This cream is so amazingly good! I would serve it at an elegant dinner or for an any night treat.
Yum! I adore simple desserts like this which taste so much more complicated than they are. Plus I'm so glad you added in that it can be made with frozen strawberries too.