If you can’t wait to upgrade your mixer and level up your cooking game, look at these handy Kitchenaid attachments! Use this guide to help you discover tools that will take you from microwave master to stovetop superstar!
The culinary gods smiled when the Kitchenaid mixer was born! This amazing suite of tools can transform your home kitchen into a five-star restaurant, but you will need the right attachments.
Find out which tools you might want to make gastro-magic happen with this starter guide to all the Kitchenaid mixer attachments!
This is one of the most basic attachments to this stand mixer. It is basically a big metal whisk, which makes it the ideal tool for whipping cream, meringue, and other light-whipped recipes.
The flat beater resembles a triangle divided into three panes. Its flat design makes it great for beating thicker, heavier recipes like cookie dough.
- Fits KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Models: K45, K45SS, KSM75, KSM90, KSM95, KSM100, KSM103, KSM110. Does not fit Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers
- Perfect for mixing cake batter, cookie dough, and more
- The flat beater is top-rack dishwasher safe with a 1- year limited warranty
An edge beater is a variation of the flat beater. What makes it special is that it has a rubber spatula on one of its outer edges. This silicone enhancement allows it to scrape the bowl while it mixes, so you don’t have to stop the mixer so often.
- Features a flexible edge that thoroughly scrapes ingredients into the bowl.
- Dishwasher safe
- For 4. 5 and 5 quart tilt-head stand mixer bowls
- Fits Models - K45SS, KSM1, KSM100, KSM110, KSM120, KSM15, KSM16, KSM75, KSM8, KSM9. Fits Select KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixers
A pastry beater has the same triangular exterior shape as a flat beater but rather than being diving into smaller panes its center is divided by metal slats. This makes it ideal for stirring and cutting through buttery pastry doughs.
A dough hook is shaped like an angled metal hook. The unique shape of this tool allows it to pick up and fold the dough as if it were kneading the dough. That is why it's the ideal choice for making bread.
Sifter and Scale
What if your Kitchenaid could literally do all the work of baking for you, down to the measurements? Well, it can! Try the handy sift and scale attachment for weighing and sifting dry ingredients with ease!
Why take up counter space with even more appliances when you can just hook an attachment onto your existing mixer to turn it into a whole new tool?! The food processor attachment hooks onto the top of the mixer and allows you to chop, dice, and puree all with only your Kitchenaid. This is handy for all manner of desserts, treats, and savory recipes.
- Connect to any household KitchenAid Stand Mixer* power hub and use the power of the motor to run the food processor attachment, *sold separately
- Slice, shred or julienne a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables or cheeses
- Model KSM1FPA includes (1) slicing disc, (1) shredding disc, (1) julienne disc
This attachment is very straightforward. It is a simple implement you can secure to the mixer to help ream citrus fruits. It’s ideal for juice lovers and bakers alike!
While pasta may not technically be a baked good, this attachment is still super helpful for bakers to have! The pasta roller allows you to press dough into ultra-thin sheets for pasta, but it also works as a sheeter for fondant, cookie dough, and more!
This tool extrudes dough into thin strings or tubes. It is ideal for noodle-style pasta and hash browns.
Ice Cream Maker
An ice cream maker attachment is the ultimate upgrade for home chefs. This attachment is actually an insulated bowl that, through chilling, allows you to make delectable homemade ice cream, gelato, and sorbet!
Recipes made with the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker
This tool might not be a must-have, but it’s a ton of fun! The shaved ice attachment allows you to make snow cones, granitas, and Italian ice at home in no time!
A food grinder attachment can make using your Kitchenaid so fun! It can grind anything into a nice minced texture. Use this hand tool to make homemade sausage for dishes like biscuits and gravy or sausage hand pies! It can also take on non-traditional grinds, like nuts, fruits, and more!
All-Metal Grain Mill
This awesome attachment allows you to turn whole grains into flour, so everything about your baked goods is totally scratch-made! The grain mill allows you to feed whole wheat grains, oats, and more and it grinds them to an extra-fine texture with ease!
Fruit and Vegetable Strainer
A strainer is imperative to making smooth, seedless jams, sauces, compotes, and more. This incredible tool presses all the juice out of your favorite fruits while simultaneously removing unwanted seeds and pulp. It's great for juicing, sauces, and all baking endeavors.
Vegetable Sheet Cutter
A vegetable sheeting tool cuts vegetables into thin paper-like sheets. The vegetable sheeter is perfect for making thin strips of zucchini for tarts, cakes, and more!
Much like the vegetable sheeter, this tool cuts veggies and fruits into thin slices with precision. It can be used by bakers for apples, pears, lemons, and more, while savory chefs will love it for zucchini, squash, radish, and beyond!
Fresh Prep Slicer
The food prep slicer includes a wide range of slice shapes and sizes. This helpful group of attachments offers you just about any cut or grind size you can imagine. This attachment is ideal for shredding butter, cheese, vegetables, and so much more!
- Blades Included - 3mm Slicing Blade great for cucumbers, carrots, celery and zucchini; 4mm Medium Shredding Blade great for cheeses and firm vegetables, such as carrots, to a finer consistency; 6mm Coarse Shredding Blade great for shredding cabbages, potatoes and more.
- All blades are dishwasher safe on the top rack for easy clean up
For standard buttered cookie dough, like shortbread, chocolate chip, or peanut butter cookie dough, a flat beater or edge beater is your best bet. However, if you’re making light airy meringue cookies, a wire whip is a must-have.
A grain mill and a sifter/scale may also come in handy for these sweet treats!
Start by sifting your dry ingredients with the sifter attachment or make your own flour with the grain mill, and then the mixing attachment depends on the type of cake you want to make.
If you are building a dense pound cake-like batter, then you will probably want the edge beater. If you’re making an airy sponge cake you will need the wire whip to whip some air into your recipe.
No! Start with the three basic mixing implants: the dough hook, the beater, and the whisk. Once you have these basics, upgrade to suit your preferences and cooking styles! Sweet lovers might like the grain mill, sifter, and ice cream maker; whereas, a savory chef might want the food grinder and spiralizer right away!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
🍰 Cake Recipes
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.