Thanks to this super sweet and simple recipe, you can now have a gluten-free cake for breakfast! This three-ingredient yogurt cake recipe is absolutely spectacular and the perfect way to start your day!
It's light and refreshing and an absolutely divine pairing with fresh fruits. Personally, I always reach for vanilla yogurt when I make this cake – since it's my daughter's favorite – but you can take lots of artistic liberties when baking this cake for yourself and reach for any of the fruity yogurts, too.
Unlike other recipes you might happen across, you aren't constrained to baking this cake with Greek yogurt. If you like Greek yogurt, that'll work great too, but I love that this recipe doesn't limit your options!
Your family will love this cake, and you'll love this cake for your family! While it might taste more like a dessert than a healthy snack, this tasty cake actually packs in loads of healthy probiotics, minerals, and nutrients!
This three-ingredient yogurt cake doesn't use any eggs, and since it's made with corn starch, it's also gluten-free.
As the mom of a picky eater, this recipe quickly became a staple in my household. Thankfully, I was able to create something delicious and nutritious using items I knew she already enjoyed, and she quickly fell in love with this three ingredient "cake."
- Vanilla Yogurt (or any fruit yogurt)
- Condensed Milk
- Corn Starch
See the recipe card for quantities.
To make a simple yogurt cake, the first thing you'll need to do is whisk together vanilla yogurt with condensed milk and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
It's really important that you make sure all corn starch is completely dissolved and you don’t leave any clumps – otherwise, you'll ruin the consistency and texture of the entire cake.
Once you're sure the corn starch is evenly mixed in, cover the spring form pan with parchment paper.
Once your cake batter is ready and the pan is ready, you can go ahead and pour the mixture into the spring form pan. You'll be baking it for 15-20 minutes at 160 °C // 315 °F – ideally with the fan speed set to medium, if available.
You'll know it's done once it begins to turn a nice, golden brown color.
After your three ingredient yogurt cake has finished baking, you'll need to let it cool down a bit. Once it's cooled enough, you can flip it over a plate and start cutting it into pieces.
Over each serving, you can dollop a spoonful of the leftover yogurt, a slice of apricot, or any other fresh fruit you have on hand! After that, all there's left to say is Bon Appétit!
This tasty treat can be enjoyed on its own as a dessert or as part of a sweet breakfast!
This three ingredient yogurt cake can be used with any kind of yogurt you like! I personally use vanilla Greek yogurt (since it's my daughter's favorite), but you don't even have to use Greek yogurt if you're not a fan!
This recipe also works great with fruity yogurt flavors! If you do stick with plain, regular yogurt, though, be sure to opt for full-fat yogurt.
- Parchment Paper
- Spring Form Baking Pan (6 inches)
This three ingredient yogurt cake has a quick shelf life and needs to be enjoyed within two days!
💭 Top tip
This cake comes out much flatter than most normal cakes would, so I've opted to use a smaller pan for this recipe!
If you use a spring-form pan larger than six inches, just be aware that your three ingredient yogurt cake will likely be even thinner than the one pictured here.
It's actually really easy to make yogurt cake at home! This recipe only calls for two other ingredients – cornstarch and condensed milk! You'll need to mix all three ingredients together and bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, but waiting for it to come out of the oven and cool will be the hardest part of this recipe.
Interestingly, Greek Yogurt can be used instead of oil and mayonnaise! If you look at them side by side, you'll be surprised by the shocking resemblance between an olive oil cake and this three ingredient yogurt cake! The two cakes don't taste very similar, though.
When you bake with yogurt, it can add a bit of cream and moisture to your cakes.
Yogurt can also be used in place of sour cream, butter, and even eggs, among other ingredients!
💛 OTHER RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- Apple Yogurt Breakfast Granola
- Delicious Almond Cream Cake
- The Perfect Almond Whipped Cream in Just 5 Minutes
- Viennese Sponge Cake Base Recipe
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Pancakes
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Three Ingredient Yogurt Cake
- 1 ½ cups Greek Vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 4 tablespoon Corn starch
- To make a simple yogurt cake, whisk 1 ½ cups Greek Vanilla yogurt with 1 cup Condensed milk and 4 tablespoon Corn starch.1 ½ cups Greek Vanilla yogurt, 1 cup Condensed milk, 4 tablespoon Corn starch
- Ensure all corn starch is completely dissolved evenly and don’t leave any clumps.
- Cover a springform pan with parchment paper.
- Bake the yogurt cake at 160 C/ 315 F (with the fan speed set to medium if available) for 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool down, flip it over a plate, and cut it into pieces to your preference.
- Over each serving, put a spoonful of the leftover yogurt or a slice of apricot and enjoy this refreshing dessert.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove