This article is also available in Deutsch.
Last week, I faced the following "problem": I wanted to bake a bundt cake with my new bundt cake mold that I got as a gift. I had no butter at home, but whipping cream.
While browsing through my Grandma's recipe treasures, I came across this old-fashioned whipping cream bundt cake recipe!
A recipe that does not need butter! Perfect since I did not have any in the fridge but had whipping cream.
Awesome! This recipe was my rescue.
In just a few steps, I prepared this wonderful old-fashioned cake quickly and easily. As a result, you get a fluffy, pleasantly sweet, but not too sweet bundt cake dough that does not need any butter. And it was delicious!
The vintage cake is just the thing to go with a lovely coffee, cocoa, or tea and works well at any time of the year!
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla sugar
- Flour - white spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Non-Stick cooking Spray or butter for greasing the bundt pan
See the recipe card for quantities.
As with all my recipes that need yolks and whites separate, I recommend doing this step first.
On the one hand, separating the eggs is often the most tedious part; on the other hand, the difficulty of separating shows my respective state of mind of the day well. 😄
Today it worked well without any complications! Yey!
Before you continue, turn to your oven and preheat it to 180 °C // 356 °F convection oven.
While the oven slowly heats up, you can take your time to make the dough.
First, pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until stiff.
Now sift the powdered sugar through a sieve into the whipped cream. Then stir in the vanilla sugar and the yolks.
Beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff in a separate bowl. Mix the flour and baking powder and fold into the beaten egg whites.
In the last step, combine the beaten egg white, flour mixture, egg yolk mixture with the powdered sugar mixture and stir well! It is essential that you mix the two well together so that no lumps form!
Fill the dough into the greased bundt cake pan and put it into the oven. Bake on the middle shelf at 180 °C // 356 °F for 50-60 minutes.
After 50 minutes:
- Test with a wooden pick to see if the cake is done.
- Poke the dough with a long wooden pick.
- Pull out again, and if no dough sticks to it, you can take the bundt cake out of the oven.
Let the bundt cake cool for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
Then let cool until the bundt cake is no longer warm. Otherwise, the warm dough could cause a stomachache.
Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy with coffee, tea, or cocoa.
The bundt cake gets a beautiful dark color from the long baking time, which shimmers wonderfully through the powdered sugar.
More delicious recipes for you to try
- Six egg white chocolate cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Old-fashioned whipping cream Bundt cake
- Austrian strawberry sponge cake
- Ultimate double chocolate Bundt cake
- Chocolate chip ricotta loaf cake
- 7 Flavor Pound Cake (created by callmepmc.com)
Ideally, store the cake under a cake cover. It keeps there for up to a week if not previously already savored up! 😀
💭 Top tip
The type of flour I used here is called "Griffiges Mehl" flour type W 480. Since this is not available in the U.S., you can use all-purpose flour for this bundt cake or white spelt flour.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Whipping Cream Bundt Cake
- 1 ⅛ cups Whipping Cream
- 2 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 6 Egg Whites
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
- 2 cups Flour all-purpose or white spelt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Non-Stick cooking spray or butter for greasing the bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 180 °C // 356 °F convection.
- Seperate the eggs.
- Beat 1 ⅛ cups Whipping Cream in a bowl with a hand mixer until stiff.1 ⅛ cups Whipping Cream
- Sift 2 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar and stir with 2 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar and 6 Egg Yolks into stiff whipped cream.2 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar, 6 Egg Yolks
- Beat 6 Egg Whites until stiff.6 Egg Whites
- Mix 2 cups Flour and 1 teaspoon Baking Powder and fold into beaten egg white.2 cups Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Combine the beaten egg white flour egg yolk mixture with the powdered sugar mixture and stir well!
- Spray the bundt cake pan with Non-Stick cooking spray or butter.Non-Stick cooking spray or butter
- Fill the cake pan with the dough.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes on the middle shelf.
- After baking cool for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove