This article is also available in German.
I love Baileys, and you? Especially the version with Salted Caramel is incredibly delicious!
To pay tribute to this delicious drink, I have prepared a particularly delightful recipe for you today - Baileys Salted Caramel Cupcakes with a fantastic chocolate muffin!
All I can say is yum! They taste delicious and are gone in no time!
The Baileys Salted Caramel Buttercream impresses with its intense flavor and can be made very easy, with more or less alcohol, just as you like!
Those intense chocolate-flavored muffins are straightforward to make, and you can bake them easily both in the oven and in the air fryer. It's indulgence all the way!
These cupcakes make an excellent dish if you want something unique when friends or family come over!
Just last weekend, I made these lovely cupcakes for our charming cat breeder Birgit and her husband after they dropped off our much anticipated two cats! They loved and enjoyed these goodies! 🙂
If you fancy another delightful Salted Caramel Baileys treat, then check out the bliss balls with Baileys Salted Caramel and speculoos that I made for the holidays!
- powdered sugar
- cake flour
- raw (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- baking powder
- unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Baileys Salted Caramel at room temperature
- butter (room temperature)
- powdered sugar
- Light and dark chocolate sprinkles
- Caramel Crunch
See the recipe card for quantities.
First, we take care of the dough. Fortunately, it's very easy to make! Preheat the oven to 180 °C // 356 °F top/bottom heat and prepare the muffin cups.
Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl with 50 g sugar and a pinch of salt until foamy.
After that, place the whipped egg whites in the fridge until you are ready to use the whipped egg whites later on.
Next, grab a separate bowl and beat the butter with the mixer until it is fluffy. Add the remaining sugar, a pinch of salt, and the egg yolk and mix them well. Finally, add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
Now it's time for the whipped egg whites you've placed in the fridge before!
Add half of them to the dough, and mix everything thoroughly. Once a homogeneous mass has formed, fold in the remaining beaten egg whites, and you're ready to go. All you have to do is pour the batter into the cups and bake for about 20 minutes.
When filling the molds, make sure that they are only half full. Otherwise, the dough will overflow, and you can scrape it off the baking tray... Not such a hit. After baking, let the muffins cool on a cooling rack.
After baking for 20 minutes.
Piped with Bailey's buttercream on top.
And get ready to prepare the Caramel Baileys Buttercream.
Do you like my tableware? Snag it from Villeroy & Boch, too!
First of all, sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. This way, you can be sure it's finely granulated and won't make any clumps. Those clumps make the cream uneven and inhomogeneous, and not so tasty.
Add the butter and beat both together with the mixer until creamy. Now stir in the Baileys a little at a time - Not too much at once is essential here!
In the end, you've made a lovely buttercream, which you need to pour into a piping bag with a star tip.
The easiest way to do this is to place the piping bag in a tall container and fold the end of the pastry bag around the end of the container. This way, everything is well fixed, and it is much easier for you to fill the bag.
The piping can begin as soon as you have filled in the Caramel Baileys cream - from the outside.
Finally, sprinkle the decorative chocolate balls and the caramel crunch on top, and these little delicacies are ready! If you can't get enough of this delicious liqueur, you can drizzle a bit of it over the finished cupcakes.
Sprinkle with caramel crunch.
Sprinkle the decorative chocolate balls.
💭 Top tip
If you like your buttercream very boozy, it's best to use 200 ml Baileys Salted Caramel. If it should be a little lighter you can go down to 150 ml.
You can store the muffins (without the Baileys cream) for up to three months in the freezer or the finished ones for a few days in the fridge (best under a cake cover).
🍸 Baileys Variations
One of life’s most pleasurable indulgences, Baileys Original Irish Cream is the sweetest meeting of fine Irish whiskey and spirits, Irish dairy cream, rich chocolate and vanilla flavours. The result? Complete deliciousness. Drink neat over ice, shake into cocktails, drizzle over ice-cream, bake a Baileys-tastic cake – perhaps even share it if you have to – Baileys Original Irish Cream equals pure, unadulterated pleasure. Go on, you know you want to!
Take a swirl on the sweet side with a scrumptious salted caramel liqueur. We’ve blended the smooth taste of caramel with velvety Baileys Original Irish Cream, a pinch of salt and other flavours and ingredients to produce this delicious liqueur. A drop or two makes Baileys desserts and cakes sing, or if you’re not in the mood for dessert, simply pour over ice, sit down and enjoy. Who need rules when you’ve got Baileys Salted Caramel?
- Baileys Almanade (dairy free)
- Baileys Chocolate Luxe
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream
- Baileys Espresso Cream
- Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake
- Baileys Pumpkin Spice
Order your Baileys Salted Caramel online at Total Wine!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Baileys Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Baking sheets
- 4 eggs
- 170 g Powdered Sugar
- 160 g Cake Flour
- 30 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 160 g Unsalted butter room temperature
- pinch salt
Baileys Salted Caramel Buttercream
- 200 ml Baileys Salted Caramel
- 200 g Butter room temperature
- 4 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- Caramel Crunch
- Chocolate sprinkles white and dark
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C // 356 °F.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl with 50 g sugar and a pinch of salt until foamy.
- Place the whipped egg whites in the fridge.
- Beat the butter with the mixer in a separate bowl until it is fluffy.
- Add remaining sugar, a pinch of salt, and egg yolk and mix them well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Add half of the whipped egg whites to the dough and combine well.
- Fold in the remaining beaten egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the cups and bake for about 20 minutes.
- After baking, let them cool on a cooling rack.
Preparing the Buttercream
- Sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl
- Add the room-warm butter and beat both together with the mixer until creamy.
- Now stir in the Baileys a little at a time.
- Pour the buttercream into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe the buttercream on top of the cupcakes and decorate them afterward.
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend using digital scales for more accurate results. I provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe, but please note that I haven't tested it using this method.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove