This article is also available in Deutsch.
This French Press
This particular delicacy can be enjoyed as a hot beverage or cold as a splendid cocktail.
Especially during Easter and Christmas, when eggnog is regaining popularity,
What makes today's coffee recipe particularly stand out is the use of a coffee prepared in the French Press.
I am a huge coffee lover and an absolute fan of coffee brewed in a French press.
My morning coffee before I go to work, I prefer to make in the French Press (without the eggnog). 😉
- Strong ground coffee of your choice
- Eggnog or homemade egg liqueur
- Ground Cinnamon
- Milk foam optional
- Brown Sugar optional
See the recipe card for quantities.
First of all, it is necessary to prepare your French Press. To do so, measure out 1-2 teaspoons of grated coffee and fill it into the French Press. Now boil the water in your kettle or on the stove in a small saucepan.
Once the water is boiling, slowly pour it into your French Press. Since I bought a small French Press (0.35 l) years ago, this size fits perfectly for one to two teaspoons of coffee. Depends on how strong you want your coffee.
Before closing the French press, stir well with a tablespoon.
Let the coffee brew for five minutes. After the time has elapsed, press down the plunger of the coffee press.
Now pour the coffee into a mug and prepare the
Last but not least, a dash of cinnamon dusting over the coffee. It gives a great combination of flavors with
Optionally, you can decorate your French press
The sweetness will most likely be enough if you are opting to use our homemade egg liqueur recipe for this delicious beverage.
You did it! In a few steps, you have prepared this yummy beverage! Enjoy it with a hearty Easter snack with friends and relatives or just because you just feel like it!
As a cocktail, serve cold. Use a shaker with ice for cooling down the coffee before pouring it into the cocktail class. To make it really easy for you, though, you can just use an ice cube to chill it.
Also works well with a cold-brew coffee. Just another delicious option for this delightful drink.
Try out the amazing French press cold brew recipe (created by texanerin.com).
🍪 What to serve with this?
- No-bake chocolate ricotta cheesecake
- Chocolate Espresso Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate chip ricotta loaf cake
- Ultimate double chocolate bundt cake
💭 Top tip
If you sweeten with sugar, I recommend first sweetening and mixing the coffee with the sugar in advance. Fill it into the desired drinking glass only after combining the sugar with the coffee. This way, you don't destroy the beautiful layers.
French Press Eggnog Coffee
- Kettle or small pot for boiling water
- Tablespoon for stirring
- Coffee Mug or drinking glass
- Milk foam
- Brown Sugar
- Measure out 2 teaspoon Strong ground coffee and fill it into the French Press.2 teaspoon Strong ground coffee
- Boil 1 ½ cups Water in your kettle or on the stove in a small saucepan.1 ½ cups Water
- Once the water is boiling, slowly pour it into your French Press.
- Stir well with a Tablespoon.
- Close the press and let the coffee brew for 5 minutes.
- Press down the plunger of your coffee press.
- Pour the coffee into the drinking glass or coffee mug.
- Add 2 ⅔ tablespoon Eggnog.2 ⅔ tablespoon Eggnog
- Decorate your drink with Milk foam, and dust it with CinnamonMilk foam, Cinnamon
- If the coffee is not sweet enough for you, you can also sweeten it with Brown Sugar.Brown Sugar
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.