On lazy, hot summer days, one of my absolute favorite things to do is lay by the pool with a frozen strawberry daiquiri in hand. It's the perfect thing to help you beat the heat, and it always manages to help me feel nice and refreshed.
I've always loved frozen strawberry daiquiris for their wonderful tart flavor and beautiful coloring, but growing up, the adults always made sure my ice-cold treat didn't include the rum like this recipe does!
If you already have some homemade strawberry simple syrup on hand, it's the perfect recipe to break out to ensure none goes to waste!
Another thing you'll love about this four-ingredient strawberry daiquiri recipe? It's ready in five minutes with little to no prep time! You'll be in and out of the kitchen in minutes, and back outside to soak up some more summer sun in no time!
I love the strawberry season! Do you too? Try my other strawberry recipes if you're looking for another strawberry recipe!
- Austrian Strawberry Sponge Cake
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Ricotta
- Strawberry Flavored Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Popsicles
- Strawberry Spritz
- No-bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Cream
- Strawberry Milk
- White Rum
- Strawberry Simple Syrup — homemade or store-bought
- Strawberries — fresh or frozen strawberries both work great
- Lime, freshly squeezed
- Ice Cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
The first thing you'll need to do is pour your ice cubes into a blender. Before you start pulverizing your ice cubes into a slush, though, wash and clean your strawberries.
After you've washed and cleaned your strawberries (don't forget to remove the leaves!), you'll then need to slice your lime in half.
You're only going to squeeze the juice from half of the lime, but be sure to set the other half aside. You'll need to strain the juice from the lime through a close-meshed sieve.
Next, add the fresh lime juice, strawberry simple syrup, rum, and strawberries to the blender!
Don't forget to properly close the lid all the way before you start blending!
You'll want to keep blending until you achieve a nice frozen mixture that looks something like a slushy. Once you've got a perfect consistency, go ahead and grab a cocktail glass, the leftover lime for garnish, and enjoy!
This recipe makes the perfect amount for one, so if you're planning to enjoy this ice-cold treat with a friend, be prepared to make multiple batches or double the recipe if you have enough room in your blender!
This is one of my favorite summertime drinks, but if you have children or you're simply trying to avoid alcohol for the time being, there are variations you can make to make this a virgin strawberry daiquiri.
Instead of rum, you can substitute with tonic water, lemon soda, or even just lemonade. You can leave that up to personal preference and see which variation tastes best for you and your little ones!
- Close-Meshed Sieve
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- Cocktail Glasses
This recipe makes the perfect amount for one, but if you do end up with any leftover strawberry daiquiri that you don't want to see go to waste, it'll actually keep in the fridge for up to a month! Just make sure you place it in an air-tight container!
The most basic ingredients you'll find in almost every strawberry daiquiri recipe includes some variation of ice, fresh strawberries (or frozen, if it's out of season), simple syrup, and fresh lime juice! It's usually garnished with a fresh lime slice, too!
This frozen cocktail recipe calls for rum!
This particular frozen strawberry daiquiri calls for a full cup of rum! Other recipes you might come across usually call for very similar quantities. If you prefer your drinks a little less strong, or with no alcohol at all, you can always substitute the rum (or a portion of it!) for lemonade, lemon soda, or tonic water!
When it comes time to decide which rum to use for this frozen strawberry daiquiri recipe, I usually leave that to personal preference, too. If you're looking for a budget friendly option, I recommend using Bacardi Rum for your pour.
More Recipes You'll Love
- Refreshing Lavender Daiquiri
- Lovely Lavender Spritz Cocktail
- The Best Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
- Fresh Strawberry Sponge Cake
- Mini Blueberry Pavlova
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 2 oz White rum
- 2 oz Strawberry simple syrup
- 5 Strawberries fresh or frozen
- ½ Lime freshly squeezed
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 Slice Lime for garnishing
- Pour 1 cup ice cubes into the blender.1 cup ice cubes
- Wash and clean 5 Strawberries.5 Strawberries
- Then cut ½ Lime in half and squeeze half a lime.
- Strain the juice through a close-meshed sieve.
- Add the lime juice, 2 oz Strawberry simple syrup, 2 oz White rum, and strawberries to the blender.2 oz White rum, 2 oz Strawberry simple syrup, ½ Lime, 1 Slice Lime
- Close the blender and start.
- Blend until a nice frozen mixture is formed.
- Pour into a cocktail glass, garnish with 1 Slice Lime and enjoy.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.