A lovely, smooth and moist cake with an intense chestnut aroma. This delicacy, made from a mixture of chestnut flour and all-purpose flour, is absolutely delicious.
Its marvelous texture and intense chestnut flavor are perfect for entertaining guests and a cozy coffee snack.
Made in just two steps and a baking time of 45 minutes, this cake is prepared in a snap without any fuss!
- Unsalted butter
- All purpose flour
- Chestnut flour
- Confectioner's sugar
- Eggs - organic, room temperature
- Baking powder - Baking powder is the number 1 raising agent in cake baking. It ensures that the dough rises and loosens.
- Vanilla sugar - homemade or store-bought - adds another sweet vanilla flavor
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Optional: chocolate chips
See the recipe card for quantities.
Since preparing the dough does not take much time, prepare your oven beforehand. First, preheat your oven to 356 °F // 180 °C top and bottom heat.
Take a large bowl or the mixing bowl of your food processor and add the vanilla sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and eggs.
Whisk until the mixture is fluffy, then add the all purpose flour, chestnut flour, and baking powder.
Mix all ingredients together with the food processor until well combined. If you are a true chocolate fan, you can stir in a handful of chocolate chips into the dough. The finished dough will have a creamy texture and should not turn out too dry.
Before filling your Bundt cake pan with the batter, we recommend coating the pan with baking spray or butter. This way, you can easily remove the Bundt cake from the pan afterward.
Pour the prepared dough into the cake pan and bake at 180 °C for 45 minutes. At the end of the baking time, test the cake with a toothpick to see if the cake is ready.
If no more dough sticks to the toothpick, you can take the Bundt cake out of the oven.
Let the cake cool completely on a cooling rack.
Behold the wonderful texture of this cake when sliced.
Place the Bundt cake on a cooling rack and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Store under a cake cover and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
If you fancy, serve this delicious dessert with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Want to make this delicious cake gluten-free? Then replace the wheat flour with two parts gluten-free flour plus 1 part gluten-free starch flour and one binder.
Gluten-free flours: Buckwheat, amaranth, millet, quinoa, almond, soy, and chickpea.
Starch flours: Potato, rice, corn, whole wheat.
Binders: chia seeds, flax seeds, locust bean gum, guar gum, tapioca flour, agar agar, eggs, gelatin.
- Food processor
- Large bowl
- Bundt pan
- Baking spray or butter
- Cooling rack
The Chestnut Bundt Cake will keep for a good week. It is best to store it under a cake cover to keep it fresh and moist.
If you want to keep the cake longer, we recommend freezing it. Once cooled, cut into slices and freeze in an airtight container.
Chestnut flour is a healthy alternative to conventional wheat flour and a healthy sweetener. In addition to starch, chestnut flour contains many complex carbohydrates that saturate longer and regulate blood sugar levels. In it, many beneficial fibers keep the intestines healthy. What else makes chestnut flour healthy?
You can also find an exceptionally high content of Vitamin C (which strengthens the immune system) and the mineral potassium (essential for heart health).
In addition, chestnut flour is an alkaline food and gluten-free.
Chestnut flour can be found in select ethnic markets, health food stores, and, as is often the case, most easily on Amazon.
More delicious cake recipes for you to try:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Egg White Chocolate Cake
- Austrian Strawberry Sponge Cake
- Potato Flour Cake with Eggnog
- Whipping Cream Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Chip Ricotta Loaf Cake
- Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Chestnut Bundt Cake
- Preheat your oven to 356 °F // 180 °C top and bottom heat.
- Take a large bowl or the mixing bowl of your food processor and add the vanilla sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and eggs.1 ¼ cups Confectioner's sugar, 3 Eggs, ¾ tablespoon Vanilla sugar, 5.64 oz Unsalted butter
- Whisk until the mixture is fluffy, then add the all purpose flour, chestnut flour, and baking powder.¾ cup All purpose flour, ½ cup Chestnut flour, 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together with the food processor until well combined.
- Coat your Bundt pan with baking spray or butter.
- Pour the prepared dough into the cake pan and bake at 180 °C for 45 minutes.
- Place the Bundt cake on a cooling rack and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Store under a cake cover and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.Powdered sugar
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.