This article is also available in German.
Simply delicious and deliciously simple is this pineapple dessert with whipped cream.
With this easy pineapple dessert recipe, you can prepare this outstanding no-bake dessert in a couple of minutes with only two simple ingredients: pineapples and whipped cream.
This dessert hits the spot on a hot summer day and works perfectly for family gatherings, summer barbecues, or dinners! You don't have to stand in front of the hot oven, and the pineapple refreshes with its sweet taste and rich pineapple flavor.
If you fancy more easy dessert for those lazy summer days, check out our no-bake chocolate cheesecake or delicious eggnog milkshake!
If you are a total pineapple fan, try this easy pineapple upside down cake!
- Canned pineapple
- Whipped cream
- Cornstarch and powdered sugar - substitute store-bought cream stiffener
- Chocolate sprinkles - for decorating
See the recipe card for quantities.
To whip the cream, use a high mixing bowl. Pour the whipped cream into it and add cornstarch and powdered sugar.
You can also use a cream stiffener if you like. I prefer cornstarch and powdered sugar because I always have both ingredients at home, and I don't have to buy cream stiffener.
Now whip the whipped cream together with the cornstarch and powdered sugar until it is nice and firm and set aside. On hot days, it's best to place it in the fridge, so it doesn't get runny.
Open the pineapple can and strain the pineapple through a small sieve. Catch the pineapple juice in a small container, so you can use it afterward.
Divide the pineapple chunks between two serving bowls.
If you want to use a fresh pineapple instead of a canned one, check out the instructions in the FAQ section on how to peel a pineapple properly.
On top of the bottom layer of pineapple, add a layer of whipped cream. Divide the whipped cream between the two bowls.
First layer: strained pineapples
Second layer: whipped cream
Optionally, to make your pineapple dessert even juicier, you can divide the pineapple juice you previously set aside between the two bowls.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips, and you're ready to go!
Third layer: strained pineapple juice
Fourth layer: chocolate garnishing
To make your pineapple dessert vegan, replace the whipped cream with a vegan alternative. You can choose oat, soy, pea, rice, spelt, and coconut.
Cream stiffener substitute: Since I never have cream stiffener at home, I always replace it with a teaspoon of cornstarch and powdered sugar.
Instead of chocolate chips, you can try more or less daring combinations to pimp your pineapple dessert:
- Nuts - Coconut, hazelnut, walnut, and almonds pair very well with pineapple. Sprinkle them on top in grated form as a topping.
- Ice cream - add a third layer, by using vanilla ice cream. Place the vanilla ice cream layer between the whipped cream and the pineapple chunks.
- Cookie crumbles
- Instead of chocolate or nuts, you can use cookie crumbles as a crunchy topping (graham crackers, Oreos, Biscoff cookies). They grant this fruity dessert a super crunchy texture on top!
- Vanilla - Grated vanilla in powder form works best here.
- Pink Pepper - You can add a touch of ground pink pepper to the pineapple juice, and then sprinkle this spiced juice over the pineapple pieces.
- Star anise
- Saffron - The highly praised saffron supports the immune system and gives your pineapple dessert an extraordinary taste! For the best effect, let the saffron threads steep in the pineapple juice.
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl - for whipping the cream
- Small strainer - to strain out the pineapple juice
- Dessert bowl for serving
The pineapple dessert is not suitable for more extended storage. It tastes best by preparing it just before serving!
💭 Top tip
To get the best taste and appearance, ensure the dessert does not sit around for a long time before serving. Prepare it just before serving; otherwise, the whipped cream becomes why and loses its consistency.
In the mood for more delicious recipes? Then stop by and check out the following posts:
- pineapple dessert recipe roundup
- smoked pineapple created by cookwhatyoulove.com
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice created by keeshaskitchen.com
- Watermelon Sorbet (created by thriftyjinxy.com)
- Fruit Cocktail (created by texanerin.com)
If you want to use a fresh pineapple, lay the pineapple across in front of you on the cutting board.
Using a medium knife, cut away the green flower base of the fruit.
Repeat the same at the bottom of the pineapple and cut off the bottom.
The fruit now has two straight cut surfaces at the top and bottom. This preparation makes it easy to place upright on the cutting board without tipping over.
The skin of the pineapple is slightly curved outward. To cut it off, you should angle the knife at the top. Cut the peel downward following the curvature.
Cut down the next peel strip with the knife at an angle.
Rotate the fruit, again cutting down the peel until the pineapple is peeled entirely.
Remove the brownish rigid parts you cannot eat with a small kitchen knife.
Unfortunately, yes. Pineapples are not very suitable for people with fructose malabsorption. You can help yourself by mixing dextrose into the pineapple and pineapple juice. The dextrose can help remove the fructose from the food already in the small intestine. This way, you will have minor discomfort afterward.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
My Favorite Pineapple Dessert Recipe
- Hand mixer
- Small strainer
- 2 Dessert bowls for serving
- 4.9 oz Canned pineapple drained weight
- 1 ⅛ cup Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles for decorating
- Pour the whipped cream into mixing bowl and add cornstarch and powdered sugar.1 ⅛ cup Whipped cream, 1 teaspoon Cornstarch, 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- Now whip the whipped cream together with the cornstarch and powdered sugar until it is nice and firm and set aside. On hot days, it's best to place it in the fridge, so it doesn't get runny.
- Open the pineapple can and strain the pineapple through a small sieve.4.9 oz Canned pineapple
- Catch the pineapple juice in a small container, so you can use it afterward.
- Divide the pineapple chunks between two serving bowls.
- On top of the bottom layer of pineapple, add a layer of whipped cream. Divide the whipped cream between the two serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, and you're ready to go!Chocolate sprinkles
- To make your pineapple dessert even juicier, you can divide the pineapple juice you previously set aside between the two bowls.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Amy Liu Dong
That is so easy and delicious dessert to make. My sisters will def love this!
I love anything pineapple and this dessert totally hit the spot. Loved how easy it is to make. Thanks for the recipe.
I love how sweet this is without any additional sugar, and so easy too! What a great alternative for when there's no ice cream in the freezer.
So quick but do delicious and my kind of warm weather dessert!
Nothing beats an easy no-baked dessert, use fresh pineapples and it was so good. Will make this again.