Gorgeous pineapple desserts as far as the eye can see. From no-bake to delicious cakes, vegan recipes, crisps, gluten-free desserts, ice cream, and desserts based on the Piña colada drink! Simply delicious.
Find lots of recipes and trivia about this gorgeous fruit; check out today's post!
- 🧐 Interesting Facts
- 💯 Nutritional information
- 😁 Pineapple as a mood booster
- 😩 Pineapple and fructose malabsorption
- 🍬 Pineapple and diabetes
- 🍍 Pineapple No-Bake Desserts
- 🍦 Pineapple Ice Cream Recipes
- 🍰 Pineapple Cake Recipes
- 🍍 Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
- 🍍 More Stunning Pineapple Desserts
- 🤎 You might also like
- ⛑️ Food Safety
- 💬 Comments
🧐 Interesting Facts
The pineapple (Ananas comosus or Ananas sativus) is a species of plant in the Bromeliaceae family. It is originally native to the Americas and is now grown as a fruit plant in tropical areas worldwide. It forms fleshy fruit clusters that can be eaten fresh or processed into preserves and juice.
The word pineapple comes from naná 'fruit' in the Guaraní language. The Latin species epithet comosus 'crested' alludes to the head of leaves at the upper end of the fruit set.
💯 Nutritional information
The physiological caloric value is 232 kJ/100 g (= 56 kcal/100 g). There are 12.4 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g proteins, 0.2 g fat and 84.7 g water. The following vitamin values are present in 100 g: 0.2 mg niacin, 10 µg vitamin A, 0.08 mg vitamin B1, 0.03 mg vitamin B2, 0.08 mg vitamin B6, 20 mg vitamin C, 0.1 mg vitamin E.
😁 Pineapple as a mood booster
Pineapple provides both trace elements and can also have an additional mood-lifting effect due to its natural vanillin.
The unique thing about pineapple is the tryptophan it contains. It is the basic building block for the neurotransmitter serotonin. It can ensure the production of the happiness hormone in the brain.
😩 Pineapple and fructose malabsorption
Pineapples are not very suitable for people with fructose malabsorption. You can help yourself by mixing the pineapple and pineapple juice with some dextrose. The dextrose can help remove the fructose from the food already in the small intestine. This way, you will have less discomfort afterward.
🍬 Pineapple and diabetes
The pineapple has a low glycemic index, which makes the blood sugar level rise slowly. Therefore, enjoyed in moderation, it is suitable for people with diabetes.
🍍 Pineapple No-Bake Desserts
🍦 Pineapple Ice Cream Recipes
🍰 Pineapple Cake Recipes
🍍 Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
🍍 More Stunning Pineapple Desserts
🤎 You might also like
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove