Hot chocolate with eggnog is a truly divine combination! This excellent drink, which is served hot during the cold season, is prepared in a few minutes and will make you feel really cozy and comfy!
The raw cane sugar refines the rich chocolate flavor, and the eggnog gives this lovely drink a festive touch!
A perfect holiday drink and all-time holiday favorite, with which you can please yourself and your guests.
Those eggnog lovers, who do not want to give up their eggnog even in the warm season, can also make themselves happy by simply replacing the hot milk with cold milk and ice cubes.
Another option for a boozy hot chocolate is our homemade Lumumba - hot chocolate with rum - we highly recommend, if you want to warm up on cold winter days, at home!
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - high quality
- Milk - for making the hot chocolate
- Milk - for milk foam
- Homemade eggnog - or store-bought
- Raw cane sugar or brown sugar - adds a fantastic flavor
- Optional: cocoa powder or chocolate shavings for decorating
See the recipe card for quantities.
Take a small saucepan. Pour in the milk, and add the raw cane sugar and cocoa powder. While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil on the stove.
Place a drinking glass you will use for serving on the counter and pour the eggnog into it. Pour the boiled hot chocolate mix into it.
Pour the remaining milk into a small jug and froth the milk with a milk frother or a small whisk. You can pour the "unfoamed" milk into your hot chocolate with eggnog first and then add the milk foam as a topping.
Finished. Now you can enjoy the delicious chocolate eggnog!
If you fancy, you can dust the milk foam with cocoa powder or sprinkle a few chocolate flakes as decoration before serving.
The wonderful thing about this drink is that it comes by itself low in fructose and gluten-free.
Those who need the chocolate eggnog drink lactose-free can replace the milk with almond or rice milk. Substitute the eggnog with a lactose-free kind or use rum, whiskey, etc., instead.
Replace the Eggnog
A variation of this delicious beverage is to replace the eggnog with rum, Baileys, or other booze. By changing the liqueur in use, you can create many extraordinary variations!
Infuse with spices
Another way to enhance and vary the eggnog hot chocolate is to flavor it. This flavoring works wonderfully with ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, clove, ground nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger, or if you don't have any spices left at home, by using syrup of your liking.
- Small pot - for heating the milk
- Spoon - for stirring
- Milk frother
- Small can - for frothing the milk
- Drinking glass - for serving
Please don't store your prepared hot chocolate with eggnog. Make it fresh and drink it right after.
💭 Top tip
If you want to jazz up your eggnog hot chocolate, even more, try it with an additional coffee shot. A strong espresso works best. Give it a try, and let me know how you liked this version!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Eggnog Hot Chocolate
- Small pot for heating the milk
- Spoon for stirring
- Small can for frothing the milk
- Cocoa powder or chocolate shavings
- Take a small saucepan. Pour in the milk, and add the raw cane sugar and cocoa powder.1 cup Milk, 2 teaspoon Raw cane sugar, 2 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil on the stove.
- Place a drinking glass you will use for serving on the counter and pour the eggnog into it.2 oz Eggnog
- Pour the boiled hot chocolate mix into it.2 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 cup Milk, 2 teaspoon Raw cane sugar
- Pour the remaining milk into a small jug and froth the milk with a milk frother or a small whisk.8 teaspoon Milk
- Pour the "unfoamed" milk into your hot chocolate with eggnog first, and then add the milk foam as a topping.8 teaspoon Milk
- If you fancy, you can dust the milk foam with cocoa powder or sprinkle a few chocolate flakes as decoration before serving.Cocoa powder or chocolate shavings
- Finished. Now you can enjoy the delicious chocolate eggnog!
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend using digital scales for more accurate results. I provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe, but please note that I haven't tested it using this method.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
🤎 You might also like
⛑️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove