If you're looking for an unbelievably delicious recipe to ring in the change of the seasons, these soft cranberry white chocolate chip cookies are perfect! The tartness from the cranberries and the sweetness of the soft, white chocolate chips complement each other perfectly!
I speak from years of personal experience when I say they're a huge hit! My daughter, a notoriously picky eater, and my husband devour them every Autumn when I break this recipe out again. My mother and my best friend also make a point of visiting when they hear I'll be making white chocolate cranberry cookies!
In addition to being delicious, these cookies are also super quick and simple to whip together! Plus, there's lots of room for versatility with these recipes! You're not crazy about cranberries? Go ahead and swap them out for another dried fruit! White chocolate chips aren't your thing? You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead!
No matter what combination you dream up, these cookies are sure to be delicious!
- Unsalted Butter
- All-Purposed Flour
- Brown Sugar
- White Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
- Dried Cranberries
See the recipe card for quantities.
Bake for 13-15 minutes.
🔪 Instructions - detailed
The first thing you'll want to do is preheat your oven to 175 C / 350 F. By the time you've combined all of our ingredients to make the cookie dough; our oven should be just about ready to go!
We'll add our butter, brown sugar, and white granulated sugar to start our dough. With a mixer, you'll start beating the butter and sugars together until the butter is softened and the sugar is well combined.
Next, add in your eggs and your vanilla extract. You'll continue mixing on your mixer's strongest setting for another 3-5 minutes.
Combine a few of our dry ingredients in another mixing bowl – the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
After 3-5 minutes, you'll need to lower your mixer down to medium speed, and gradually add in your flour mixture. Keep mixing until they are well.
Finally, add your white chocolate chips and dried cranberry to the bowl and mix them in with a spatula.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and break out an ice cream scoop to make your cookie dough balls.
If you're making the balls of cookie dough by hand, be sure to use at least two tablespoons of dough for each ball.
No matter how you make each ball, be sure to leave about 4 cm / 2-inch space between them so they don’t merge during baking.
You'll bake these white chocolate cranberry cookies for about 13-15 minutes until they start creating a crust on the edges. It's really important that you don't overcook them since they need to be creamy inside when cooled down.
It's also important to let your baked cookies cool down fully since they're super soft and can crumble easily when fresh from the oven.
There's lots of room for versatility with this recipe! Are you not crazy about cranberries? No worries! Go ahead and swap them out for pretty much any dried fruit you can imagine!
And if white chocolate chips aren't your thing, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead!
- Ice Cream Scoop (optional) - I always have three different cookie scoop sizes at home - 1 tablespoon / 0.5 oz, 2 tablespoon / 1 oz, and 3 tablespoon / 1.5 oz. The 1 tablespoon cookie scoop is the one I use most often. Baking times and cookie quantities are adjusted to this size. If you prefer larger cookies, feel free to use the larger sizes. Just keep in mind here that the baking time will increase, and the number of cookies will decrease.
- Hand or Stand Mixer/Electric Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Pan
- Cooling Rack
These cookies can last up to a week when stored in an airtight container, but if you freeze them, they can last up to a few months!
🤔 Interesting Facts About Cranberries
Compared to fun, seasonal fruits like strawberries or blueberries, these berries might get overlooked, but cranberries are chalked with important vitamins and nutrients!
They're especially rich in antioxidants, which make them a great defense against painful urinary tract infections.
Some studies have also shown that cranberries may protect your heart health since they can help balance your cholesterol and lower blood pressure. And it that wasn't impressive enough, they might even help in fighting against certain cancers!
If you want to make these cookies even more soft and gooey, you can use two egg yolks instead of one egg. The extra moister will help to make them more chewy and full!
On average, a typical white chocolate cranberry cookie is about 150 calories.
Other Recipes For You to Try
- Eggnog Mascarpone Cookies That Taste Like Christmas
- How to Bake Delicious Walnut Meringue Cookies
- Chocolate Espresso Crinkle Cookies
- Devine Leftover Egg Yolk Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 oz Butter ½ cup
- 5.7 oz All-purpose flour ¾ cup
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup White sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup White chocolate chips
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F.
- Meanwhile, combine 5.7 oz All-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon Baking soda, ¼ teaspoon Baking powder, and ½ teaspoon Salt in a bowl in one bowl, mix them, and put 4 oz Butter, ½ cup Brown sugar, and ¼ cup White sugar in another.4 oz Butter, 5.7 oz All-purpose flour, ½ cup Brown sugar, ½ teaspoon Baking soda, ¼ teaspoon Baking powder, ½ teaspoon Salt, ¼ cup White sugar
- With a mixer, start beating the butter and sugars together until the butter is softened and the sugar is combined.
- Add 1 Egg, and 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract, and use the mixer to mix for another 3-5 minutes on the strongest setting.1 Egg, 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Now lower the mixer speed to medium, and gradually add the dry ingredient (flour mix) until they are combined as well.
- Add ¾ cup White chocolate chips and 1 cup Dried cranberries to the bowl and mix them in with a spatula.¾ cup White chocolate chips, 1 cup Dried cranberries
- Now, scoop small balls of dough using a cookie scoop. Place the dough balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Ensure to leave a 2-inch space between them so they don’t merge during baking.
- Bake the cookies for about 13-15 minutes, until you see that they start to create a crust on the edges, but do not overcook them since they need to be creamy inside when cooled down.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.