Do you like Lotus Biscoff cookies as much as I do? Then you'll love this delicious granola!
The combination of dried fruit with Christmassy spices, honey, rolled oats, and Biscoff cookies are just a hit! I flavored this granola, especially for Christmas and used a Christmas spice blend here. But of course, feel free to use a spice blend of your choice. Cinnamon should be used in this recipe in any case, as it pairs perfectly with the Biscoff cookies.
Aside from the sugar in the Biscoff cookies, no additional sugar is added to this recipe. My family members, who play the first taster for all my creations, were delighted with this granola. I was allowed to prepare this wonderful granola for them several times.
This homemade Biscoff Granola was most famous as a breakfast cereal, with yogurt or milk, and as a small evening snack.
- 5.29 oz (150 g) Honey
- 3.17 oz (90 g) Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- 1 teaspoon Christmas spice blend
- 7.05 oz (200 g) rolled oats
- 1.76 oz (50 g) Almond Slivers
- 2.11 oz (60 g) dried fruit to taste (I used cranberries, raisins, and goji berries in this recipe. 0.7 oz (20 g) each).
What are goji berries?
Goji, goji berry, or wolfberry (Chinese: 枸杞; pinyin: gǒuqǐ), is the fruit of either Lycium barbarum or Lycium chinense, two closely related species of boxthorn in the nightshade family, Solanaceae.L. barbarum and L. chinense fruits are similar but can be distinguished by differences in taste and sugar content.
Both species are native to Asia, and have been long used in traditional Asian cuisine.
The fruit has also been an ingredient in traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese medicine, since at least the 3rd century AD. The plant parts are called by the Latin names lycii fructus (fruit), herba lycii (leaves), etc., in modern official pharmacopeias.
Since about 2000, goji berry and derived products became common in developed countries as health foods or alternative medicine remedies, extending from exaggerated and unproven claims about their health benefits.
If you're going to stick with Christmas seasoning, I have a few tips for you:
- Speculoos flavor, use cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cardamom, anise, star anise, nutmeg.
- Mulled wine flavor, use cinnamon, orange peel abrasion, cloves, star anise, vanilla pod.
- Gingerbread flavor, use cinnamon, lemon peel abrasion, cardamom, star anise, cloves, pepper, nutmeg.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Wooden Spoon
First things first: Preheat the oven to 356 °F / 180°C top/bottom heat. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set it aside. Finely grind the Biscoff cookies in a food processor and set them aside.
To liquefy the honey, heat it in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring.
Add the finely ground Biscoff cookies and Christmas spices to the warm, liquid honey and stir in the remaining dry ingredients (rolled oats, almond slivers, and dried fruit). Mix all ingredients well together with the honey.
Once all the ingredients are well combined, spread the honey mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack. Remove and leave it to cool.
Granola will not be crunchy until it cools! So don't be surprised if it doesn't have the familiar consistency right after baking.
Once the granola has cooled, break it apart and store the loose granola in an air-tight container.
So easy to make, isn't it? In just 25 minutes, you've made yourself scrumptious homemade granola, ready for a perfect breakfast! Yey!
Enjoy your homemade crispy cereal granola!
Easy Biscoff Granola Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F / 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- Finely grind the Biscoff cookies and set aside.
- To liquefy the honey, heat it in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring.
- Add the finely ground Biscoff cookies and Christmas spices to the honey and stir in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients well together with the honey.
- Spread the honey mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack
- Remove and leave it to cool.
- Once the granola has cooled, break it apart and store the loose granola in an air-tight container.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
As already mentioned, this granola can also be adapted very well to any other season. The trick here lies in the dried fruits.
While apples, raisins, and cranberries remind you of Christmas🎄, so you can achieve the perfect summer☀️granola with dried passion fruit, coconut chips, and strawberries. To make it autumnal 🍂: plums, pumpkin seeds, and red currants.
💭 Top tip
This granola is also excellent as a small hostess gift or small gift for granola lovers! Buy a nice preserving jar and fill it with homemade granola. Wrap a suitable ribbon around it, add a pretty tag, and voila: A personal, handmade present is ready to give away!
⛑ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove