Do you like Lotus Biscoff cookies as much as I do? Then you'll love this delicious granola!
The combination of dried fruit with intense spices, honey, rolled oats, and Biscoff cookies are just a hit!
I flavored this granola, especially for Christmas, and used a Christmas spice blend here.
But of course, feel free to use a spice blend of your choice. Cinnamon should be used in this recipe in any case, as it pairs perfectly with the Biscoff cookies.
Aside from the sugar in the Biscoff cookies, no additional sugar is added to this recipe. My family members, who play the first taster for all my creations, were delighted with this granola. I was able to prepare this wonderful granola for them several times.
This homemade Biscoff Granola was most famous as a breakfast cereal, with yogurt or milk, and as a small evening snack.
- Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- Christmas spice blend
- Rolled oats
- Almond Slivers
- Dried fruit to taste (I used cranberries, raisins, and goji berries in this recipe. 2 ½ tablespoons each.
If you're going to stick with Christmas seasoning, I have a few tips for you:
- Speculoos flavor, use cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cardamom, anise, star anise, nutmeg.
- Mulled wine flavor, use cinnamon, orange peel abrasion, cloves, star anise, vanilla pod.
- Gingerbread flavor: cinnamon, lemon peel abrasion, cardamom, star anise, cloves, pepper, nutmeg.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Wooden Spoon
First things first: Preheat the oven to 356 °F / 180°C top/bottom heat. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set it aside. Finely grind 12 Biscoff cookies in a food processor and set them aside.
To liquefy the honey, heat it in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring.
Add the finely ground Biscoff cookies and Christmas spices to the warm, liquid honey and stir in the remaining dry ingredients (rolled oats, almond slivers, and dried fruit). Combine all ingredients well together with the liquified honey.
Spread the honey mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack. Remove from the oven and leave it to cool.
Granola will not be crunchy until it cools! So don't be surprised if it doesn't have the familiar consistency right after baking.
Once the granola has cooled, break it apart and store the loose granola in an air-tight container.
So easy to make, isn't it? In just 25 minutes, you've made yourself scrumptious homemade granola, ready for a perfect breakfast! Yey!
Enjoy your homemade crispy cereal granola!
As mentioned, this granola can also be adapted well to any other season. The trick lies in the dried fruits.
While apples, raisins, and cranberries remind you of Christmas🎄, so you can achieve the perfect summer☀️granola with dried passion fruit, coconut chips, and strawberries. To make it autumnal 🍂: plums, pumpkin seeds, and red currants.
💭 Top tip
This granola is also excellent as a small hostess gift or a small gift for granola lovers! Buy a nice preserving jar and fill it with homemade granola. Wrap a suitable ribbon around it, add a pretty tag, and voilà: A personal, handmade present is ready to give away!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Easy Biscoff Granola Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F / 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- Finely grind 12 Lotus Biscoff Cookies and set aside.12 Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- To liquefy ½ cup Honey, heat it in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring.½ cup Honey
- Add the finely ground Biscoff cookies and 1 teaspoon Christmas spice blend to the honey and stir in 2 ¼ cup Rolled Oats, ½ cup Almond Slivers, 2 ½ tablespoon Cranberries, 2 ½ tablespoon Raisins, and 2 ½ tablespoon Goji berries.2 ¼ cup Rolled Oats, ½ cup Almond Slivers, 2 ½ tablespoon Cranberries, 2 ½ tablespoon Raisins, 2 ½ tablespoon Goji berries, 1 teaspoon Christmas spice blend
- Mix all ingredients well together with the honey.
- Spread the honey mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack
- Remove and leave it to cool.
- Once the granola has cooled, break it apart and store the loose granola in an air-tight container.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove