If you're anything like me, you need caffeine in the morning if you want to accomplish anything! As tempting as it can be to just hit a drive-thru on the way to work, you don't need to go to a fancy coffee shop to get a delicious caffeine fix. This vanilla iced coffee recipe is a great way to start your day, and it tastes just as good as anything you might be ordering on the go.
All you'll need is a cup of fresh coffee, some vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream! This simple recipe is perfect for a hot summer day and is sure to put a skip in your step!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Homemade or Store Bought
- Freshly Brewed, Strong Coffee
- Whipped Cream - we recommend our chocolate-flavored whipped cream
See the recipe card for quantities.
🔪 Instructions - How To Make Vanilla Iced Coffee at Home
Before you do anything else, you'll want to start brewing a fresh pot of hot coffee! Whether you use an espresso machine or a French Press, the only important thing here is that it's strong!
While your coffee is brewing, go ahead and grab two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Personally, I recommend using my homemade vanilla ice cream, but store-bought will work just fine! Just make sure you're scooping your ice cream into a pre-chilled glass.
Next, add 1 cup of coffee in with the vanilla ice cream, and mix well!
From here, all that's left to do is top it with whipped cream! If you have the chance to prepare this delicious chocolate whipped cream ahead of time, it's simply divine! It not only tastes good, it looks good!
You can enjoy this with a long-handed spoon if you have time to sit and enjoy, or with a straw if you're on the go!
For all my coffee lovers who have a bit of a sweet tooth, you can also add in a tablespoon of vanilla syrup, simple syrup, or some brown sugar. Personally, I always take my iced coffee with some cold milk.
💭 Top tips
If you're going to buy vanilla ice cream at the supermarket instead of making it at home, go for a high-quality vanilla ice cream made from milk and egg yolks.
Another great tip? The most efficient way to get perfectly chilled glasses is to put them in the freezer before putting the cold drink in.
A further method is to chill the cocktail glass with ice cubes. Fill a glass to the brim with crushed ice. In the meantime, prepare the drink. Remove the ice from the glass. Pour the chilled drink into it.
🙋🏻 FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions About Vanilla Iced Coffee
This vanilla ice coffee is made from coffee, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream. It can also be made from cold brew coffee. If you don't have cold coffee on hand, you can brew a fresh pot of hot coffee.
The only real difference between a French vanilla ice coffee and a regular ice coffee is French vanilla syrup!
Vanilla iced coffee tastes a lot like many other coffee drinks – just a bit sweeter!
Vanilla and coffee is a fantastic combination! It's great in cold brew coffee, hot coffee, lattes, and all other kinds of coffee drinks!
Other Recipes for You to Try
- Best Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Divine Chocolate Flavored Whipped Cream
- Best Orange Cointreau Coffee
- French Press Eggnog Coffee Recipe
- Best way to make Iced Coffee
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Homemade Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream homemade or store bought
- 1 cup Strong coffee freshly brewed
- Scoop 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream into a pre-chilled glass.2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Brew 1 cup Strong coffee in a metal pitcher.1 cup Strong coffee
- Then pour the espresso over the vanilla ice cream and finally decorate your coffee with Chocolate Flavored Whipped Cream.Chocolate Flavored Whipped Cream
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove