The best and creamiest egg salad you will ever eat! An amazing egg salad spread with a few simple ingredients!
The delicious chili garlic salt enhances this delightful spread with a unique flavor. The two hard-boiled eggs unites perfectly with the creamy crème fraîche.
This combination makes the spread ultra creamy and perfect for any occasion!
This spread is prepared in just a few steps and delights anytime!
- For breakfast,
- as an addition to a charcuterie board,
- for making delicious egg salad sandwiches,
- or as a supper.
In fact, we included the spread in a charcuterie board in 2021 for our Christmas dinner menu. The egg salad spread was accompanied by homemade hummus and Liptauer cheese spread. For a change of pace at Christmas.
- Eggs - hard-boiled
- Crème fraîche
- Mustard - Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- Chili garlic salt
See the recipe card for quantities.
First, hard-boil the two eggs if you don't want to use already hard-boiled eggs from the store.
To get the perfect hard-boiled eggs, place the eggs in an appropriately sized saucepan. The eggs should have space and not sit too close to each other.
The suitable space prevents constant bumping and possible cracking during the cooking process.
Bring the water to a boil and then set the temperature to simmer.
For hard-boiled eggs, allow at least 12 minutes of cooking time.
Once the eggs are ready, drain off the hot water and cool them down slightly under cold running water.
Peel the two eggs, cut them one by one with the egg slicer (or by hand) into slices, and then dice them. Add the cut eggs to a small mixing bowl.
Add the cut eggs to a small mixing bowl.
Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Next, add the crème fraîche, mustard to the diced eggs. Season with salt (we highly recommend using chili salt since it adds such an awesome additional flavor). Stir well with a spoon until the ingredients are well combined.
Voila! An irresistible egg salad is ready! Serve in a pretty bowl with a couple of slices of bread. Both white bread and brown bread pair very well with this spread.
Do you like my tableware? Snag it from Villeroy & Boch, too!
- Egg slicer
- Sharp knife
- Small mixing bowl
The finished egg spread will keep in the fridge for at least 24 hours. I would not recommend storing it longer than that.
Hard-boiled eggs will last two to three weeks in the refrigerator and two to three days at room temperature.
💭 Top tip
Hard-boiled eggs that are not consumed the same day should not be rapidly chilled after cooking.
This rapid cooling can cause the shelf life to be shortened. Tiny micro-cracks in the shell caused by the cool water can introduce germs into the egg.
Especially during Easter, when eggs are cooked several days in advance, cooling or shocking in ice water is strongly discouraged!
If you fancy more egg recipes, try out this delicious air fryer omelette!
No, there are the following alternatives: 1) You can cook the eggs in an electric kettle. 2) You can use a steamer for cooking eggs as well. Especially, multi-deck models have an advantage since they allow you to cook a large number of eggs at the same time. 3) If you want, you can also get a unique egg boiler.
Fill a bowl or clear measuring cup with water and gently drop the egg in. If it sinks to the bottom, it is most likely still fresh. If it floats in the middle of the container or even on the surface, you'd better discard it.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
- 2 Eggs hard-boiled
- 7 oz Crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- Chili-garlic-salt season to taste
- Hard-boil the two egg for 12 minutes.2 Eggs
- Once the eggs are ready, drain off the hot water and cool them down slightly under cold running water.
- Peel the two eggs, cut them one by one with the egg slicer (or by hand) into slices, and then dice them. Add the cut eggs to a small mixing bowl.
- Next, add the crème fraîche, mustard to the diced eggs. Season with salt (we highly recommend using chili salt since it adds such an awesome additional flavor). Stir well with a spoon until the ingredients are well combined.7 oz Crème fraîche, 1 teaspoon Mustard, Chili-garlic-salt, 2 Eggs
- Serve in a pretty bowl with a couple of slices of bread. Both white bread and brown bread pair very well with this spread.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.