Spicy sweet cinnamon makes everything taste a little more exciting, and that is why you cannot pass up the opportunity to try this crunchy dream! Unlock the ultimate crispy and delicious vegan snack with this easy Cinnamon Granola recipe!
Warm up your mornings with some exciting, spicy, crunchy flavor! This simple granola recipe is loaded with nutty, crispy, chewy, and sweet flavors that will drive your taste buds wild! A few things you will love about this flavorful snack are:
- Family Favorite Flavor - My little one loves this crunchy, nutty granola's warm, spicy, fruity flavor, and yours will, too!
- Easy Vegan - This recipe proves that plant-based eating doesn’t need to be complicated or fancy to be totally irresistible and satisfying!
- Cool Weather Comfort - These crunchy flavors are perfect for cool autumn nights!
- Personal Delight - I love mixing up the add-ins for this granola to make the flavor fresh, fun, and totally unique every time!
- Unlimited Options - Cinnamon Granola can be enjoyed as a snack, a topping, or even a cereal!
Rolled Oats - Oats are the base of any great granola. Rolled oats are oats that are steamed and then rolled flat. They are an excellent source of earthy flavor and magnesium. Be sure to select rolled oats because instant oats have a less satisfying texture for this recipe.
Kosher Salt - A pinch of salt helps to enhance the sweet, earthy, and nutty flavors in this snack.
Cinnamon - Ground cinnamon is the comforting warm flavor that brings this granola together.
Almond Slivers - Almond slivers are handy pre-cut plain blanched almonds. They can be found in the baking aisle and they are perfect for bringing the sweet almond flavor everyone loves to this crunchy dish.
Pine Nuts - Pine nuts are full of protein and iron so they help make this granola really filling.
Desiccated Coconut - Desiccated coconut is a type of shredded coconut that adds texture and yummy flavor to this granola recipe. It comes in unsweetened and sweetened varieties. Because there is maple syrup added to the granola, unsweetened is great, but if you like things a little extra sweet you can use sweetened.
Coconut Oil - This healthy, plant-based fat is just right for toasting up this delectable granola. You can also trade it with olive oil, avocado oil, or any other cold-pressed vegetable oil.
Maple Syrup - Sticky sweet maple syrup is the perfect way to season this snack with sweetness! If you prefer another liquid sweetener, like agave syrup, feel free to use it as an even swap.
Dark Chocolate Chips - Dark chocolate makes everything a little better! Use dark chocolate chips or slice your favorite dark chocolate bar into chunks for this recipe. You can also trade the dark chocolate for white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even cacao nibs.
Dried Cranberries and Raisins - The tart note of cranberries combined with the sweet bite of raisins is the ideal finish for this yummy granola treat! If you prefer one of the two over the other, use more of that or even swap both for your personal favorite dried fruit.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Step One: In a large bowl, combine the oats, salt, cinnamon, almonds, pine nuts, and coconut.
Step Two: Melt coconut oil, add maple syrup, and pour it over the oats. Mix well.
Step Three: Spread the mixture on a lined baking sheet and bake.
Step Four: Once cooled, add the chocolate chips and dried fruit.
- Funky Fruit - Mix up the dried fruit element in the granola with goji berries, golden raisins, dried blueberries, or any deliciously dried fruit you desire!
- New and Nutty - Freshen up the nutty flavor in this crunchy mix by swapping the almonds for hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, walnuts, or any delicious nutty bite you like!
- Sensational seeds - Give this granola a new flavor by trading the pine nuts for pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- Autumn Spice - If you cannot get enough of the seasonal pumpkin spice latte, try trading the cinnamon for the pumpkin pie spice.
- Crunchy Cookie - If you are craving a sweet, cookie-inspired take on this classic snack, try my tasty take on Biscoff Granola! It’s a golden, delicious treat for anyone who cannot get enough of these buttery biscuits!
Mixing Bowl and Wooden Spoon - For this recipe grab a large mixing bowl and a wooden spoon. The wooden spoon is helpful because the sticky oat mixture does not stick to wood as much. However, if all you have is a rubber spatula, that will work perfectly!
Small Pan - The delicious oat and nut mixture is toasted for extra flavor and to do this you will need a pan. A chemical-free non-stick pan is perfect for this sticky recipe.
Lined Baking Tray - The final step in preparing the granola is finishing it in the oven. Use a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
This yummy granola can be stored in an air-tight container. Keep it in a cool dark spot on the counter or in the pantry for up to one month.
💭 Top tips
- Spread the granola in a flat layer before baking so everything cooks evenly and thoroughly.
- Be sure to let the granola cool thoroughly before adding the chocolate; otherwise, you will have a melted mess that tastes great but doesn’t look too pretty!
- If you have almond slivers left over from this recipe, you can turn them into haystack cookies!
This sparkling combination of cinnamon and oats in this dish will get your mouth watering. Enjoy it in a bowl with oat milk for your morning meal or try it on top of a smoothie bowl. Use this granola in yogurt parfaits, ice cream sundaes, or anything else your stomach can dream up!
Unfortunately, this mixture of oats, nuts, fruit, and sweeteners is a bit high in carbs for the keto diet; however, it is a deliciously interesting plant-based, high-protein snack.
Yes! This yummy recipe is naturally gluten-free and a great source of plant-based energy!
The typical serving size of Granola is about ⅓ cup. So you'll get out about 15 servings with our recipe.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Gluten-free Maple Cinnamon Granola
- Mix 1 cup Rolled oats, ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 cup Almond slivers, ½ cup Pine nuts, and 2 tablespoon Desiccated coconut in a bowl.1 cup Rolled oats, ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 cup Almond slivers, ½ cup Pine nuts, 2 tablespoon Desiccated coconut
- Melt 4 ½ tablespoon Coconut fat in a pan, add ¼ cup Maple syrup, and pour the mixture over the dry mix.4 ½ tablespoon Coconut fat, ¼ cup Maple syrup
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 284 °F / 140 °C convection oven (or 320 °F / 160 °C top/bottom heat) for approx. 30 minutes.
- Once the granola has cooled, add ½ cup Dark chocolate chips, and ½ cup Dried cranberries and raisins.½ cup Dark chocolate chips, ½ cup Dried cranberries and raisins
- Store in a well-sealed container and enjoy with yogurt or milk.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.