This article is also available in German.
Homemade caramel milk is quick and easy to make, requires only two ingredients, and tastes simply divine!
Enjoy this milk mix drink hot or cold - prepare it in just 15 minutes.
The caramel milk is perfect as a hot drink for breakfast or a delicious light dessert!
- Ultra-fine granulated sugar
- Frothy milk for garnish
- Chocolate sprinkles - optional
See the recipe card for quantities.
First of all, let's make the caramel from scratch. Fortunately, this is very easy.
Take a small saucepan and distribute the fine sugar evenly in it.
Caramelize the sugar over medium-low heat.
Here you mustn't turn the heat up too hot; otherwise, the sugar will get burnt and won't melt, giving it a very unpleasant taste.
So let the sugar melt slowly. You don't need to stir in between; wait for the sugar to liquefy.
Distribute the sugar evenly.
The sugar starts to liquefy.
Once the sugar is liquid, carefully pour in the milk. Be careful here. The caramelized sugar is very hot, and the milk you add is much cooler. It may fizz and splash! Don't let that scare you, though!
Once the milk is in the pot, stir the milk until it has combined with the caramelized sugar. Dissolve it with the milk.
Nearly all the sugar has liquefied.
The caramel milk is ready!
You can tell by the golden brown color of the milk! Now your caramel milk is ready!!!! Yey!
Pour the hot caramel milk into a drinking glass. Pour about ⅜ cup // 100 ml of milk into a
Using cold or warm milk, you can also froth the milk with a milk frother.
I took cold milk to bring my caramel milk to the drinking temperature faster.
Garnish the caramel milk with the foamed milk. Optionally, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. Add a straw for the visual effect, and voilà! The delicious drink is ready to be enjoyed!
Fall in Love with these Autumn Recipes
Easily make this yummy caramel drink lactose free by using lactose-free or plant-based milk.
If you want to spice up the flavor of your caramel milk, you can add spices and different syrups before serving. I'm more of a purist here, as I'm a massive fan of the taste of caramel and prefer to enjoy it without any additional flavors.
But for those eager to try, I can recommend the following combinations!
- Star anise
- Roast apple
- Small saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Cocktail shaker or milk frother
- Glass for serving
- Drinking straw
You can store the finished caramel milk in the refrigerator for a day after cooling. However, since it is so easy to prepare, we recommend that this drink is better made fresh, as it simply tastes better that way!
💭 Top tip
If you don't have a
This caramel milk is also a perfect partner for chocolate chip cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @combinegoodflavors and hashtag #combinegoodflavors, so I don't miss it.
Caramel Milk - 2 ingredients only!
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Ultra-fine granulated sugar
- ½ cup Frothy milk for garnish
- Chocolate sprinkles optional
- Take a small saucepan and distribute the fine sugar evenly in it.¼ cup Ultra-fine granulated sugar
- Caramelize the sugar over medium-low heat.¼ cup Ultra-fine granulated sugar
- Once the sugar is liquid, carefully pour in the milk.1 cup Milk
- Stir the milk until it has combined with the caramelized sugar. Dissolve it with the milk.
- Pour the hot caramel milk into a drinking glass.
- Pour about 100 ml of milk into a cocktail shaker and froth the milk.
- Garnish the caramel milk with the foamed milk. Optionally, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. Add a straw for the visual effect.½ cup Frothy milk, Chocolate sprinkles
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.