It's beautiful knowing lots of savory spreads and having plenty of recipe ideas at your fingertips!
A slice of fresh bread with a deliciously savory spread and a refreshing drink is sometimes just what you need on a hot day to wind down.
In Austria, you can find, especially at "Heurigen" (Austrian wine taverns), a variety of homemade spreads served as a spread or dip.
If you then sit in the vineyards and let your soul dangle while eating these delicacies, it is a fantastic experience!
Or, on another occasion, if you have company, savory spreads are an excellent choice. Here you can serve the spreads nicely arranged on a charcuterie board or a cold plate.
To always have enough ideas for spicy bread spreads in the future, I have put together a collection of excellent zesty spreads for you! Combine them as you like!
So have fun trying out those delicacies!
Variety of hummus recipes
Muhammara and Baba Ganoush
More fancy dips and spreads
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
For further information, check Safe Food Handling - FDA.