Veg-based sweet treat snacks are wholesome. However, our first thought is that these desserts are not appetizing. You could be mistaken, though. Your perspective on desserts will change drastically after tasting these treats.
A delightful guest post by Mike Pedersen.
1. Fruity Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding with Fruits won't let you down. This is how to prepare it:
- A few chia seeds
- Plant-based milk you select
- Berries and mangoes
- A sweetener such as an agave or maple syrup
Next, combine them.
Cool health benefits of chia seeds include:
- High in fiber, which aids in digestion
- Omega-3 fatty acid-rich, beneficial to heart health
- An antioxidant source
The best thing is the taste. It is a delightful treat that is customizable.
2. Cake-Drizzled Popcorn
Is your or someone you love’s birthday coming up? If so, you have to try birthday cake flavored popcorn. We recommend Safe + Fair’s version in the link above, but if you want to make your own, here's a quick recipe that you will love:
- Freshly air-popped popcorn - steer clear of prepackaged microwave popcorn, which frequently has artificial ingredients and a high sodium level.
- A plant-based cake icing recipe - for a chocolate flavor, use raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa mix sweetened with date paste or maple syrup.
- Sprinkles or hundreds of thousands for decoration.
But why would you pick birthday cake-drizzled popcorn for a snack? Here are a few salient points:
- Enjoyable and Simple to Prepare: This is a unique blend of traditional popcorn and dessert
- Health-Conscious: We are eschewing the usual artificial sweeteners, tastes, and colors found in normal sugary treats in favor of real plant-based ingredients. This makes it a far better option to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Adaptable: The popcorn functions as a sort of blank canvas. You can experiment with your preferred tastes of plant-based icing, whether you prefer it lively with fruity natural extracts or luscious with cocoa.
- Exceptionally Satisfying: The crispy texture and savory-sweet combination of popcorn make it a cozy snack for movie evenings or late-night reading sessions
Popcorn also offers several health advantages of its own:
- Whole Grain Goodness: You can get at least 70% of your recommended daily consumption with one serving
- Low-Calorie: A cup of air-popped popcorn contains roughly 30 calories
- High in Fiber: One cup provides around 1.3 grams of dietary fiber
3. Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Imagine a delectable chocolate avocado mousse. Here's how to make it:
You will need:
- Ripe avocados
- Cocoa powder
- A natural sweetener, like dates
Blend them together into a sweet, velvety dream. Besides deliciousness, avocados have great health benefits:
- Potassium-rich, helping maintain blood pressure levels
- High in healthy monounsaturated fats
4. Banana Ice Cream
Let's give a warm welcome to our fourth snack: Banana Ice Cream.
It's easy to create:
- Peel, slice, and freeze bananas
- Blend them up after freezing
You'll get a creamy treat that's:
- Naturally sweet, sugar-free
- Rich in potassium and magnesium
5. Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
Are you ready for a delectable, healthful, and easy-to-prepare dessert snack? Look no further than our fifth snack: Almond Butter Stuffed Dates.
Here's how to make them:
- Choose plump, sweet dates (preferably Medjool dates)
- Grab some smooth, tasty almond butter (unsweetened and unsalted for a healthier option)
Considering the simplicity of this dessert, incorporating Almond Butter Stuffed Dates into your snack rotation is a great idea for a few reasons, including:
- Quick and Easy: No baking or cooking is required—simply stuff some almond butter into each date and enjoy
- Energy Boost: Due to their high natural sugar content, dates give people who are rushing through their afternoon or who need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up an instant energy boost
- Healthful: Dates are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B6
- Almond butter is a great source of protein, calcium, and monounsaturated fats
- Excellent Flavor: Their inherent sweetness creates a delectable combination of flavors that perfectly balances the rich and creamy almond butter
6. Coconut Milk Rice Pudding
Finally, but just as importantly, Coconut Milk Rice Pudding. This is how to make it:
- Incorporate rice, coconut milk, and your preferred sugar
- Simmer until thick and creamy
Rich texture made tempting by coconut milk. Personalize with your preferred toppings with:
- New fruit
- Seeds and nuts
- A dash of nutmeg or cinnamon
Incorporating these delicious plant-based snacks into your diet can be an enjoyable and rewarding journey towards healthful living. Each brings unique flavors, textures, and health benefits, proving that wholesome eating can also be exciting and tasty. Remember, a balanced diet is a cornerstone of good health. Enjoy these treats in moderation as part of a nutritionally diverse eating plan.
⛑️ Food Safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove